Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rally at the Saint Louis Cathedral Basilica

Today, hundreds rallied outside of the Saint Louis Cathedral Basilica. We questioned Bishop Carlson’s use of $10,000 in discretionary funds to help oppose Marriage Equality in Maine.

I have already curtailed my giving to any Catholic cause or organization which is controlled by the Archdiocese of Saint Louis. I will ask my pastor what, if any portion of my giving to my parish goes to the Archdiocese. If so much as a penny goes to the diocesan control, will quit giving to my parish. I believe the Bishop and his staff are misusing funds when they spend them in this manner. It is especially egregious in the current economic climate when the Archdiocese has been laying off employees and freezing pay, to be sending political contributions, and particularly out-of-state. What do you think?

Peace,

Posted via email from michaelbaldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment