Thursday, November 19, 2009

Is all this free stuff going to cost us sometime?

I worry that I am becoming addicted to free social media outlets that will start charging me at some point. A little like the drug dealer who is a friend offering me a free high at a fun party. Later I go back to discover it’s time to pay for my next high.

I just signed up for my second Twitter account, my third blog account, I have used and still use several free Twitter clients on my Iphone  and laptop along with many other free Iphone “apps”  and now I am signed up @posterous to help me manage it all. When will I become addicted enough that I will pay anything to keep my accounts? It could turn out like the free webmail accounts we all have or have had. They managed to monetize themselves as has Facebook and MySpace. But will it all end? I’m afraid that coming off my freebie techno high will be worse than giving up coffee since my heart attack last year.

What do you think?

Posted via email from mike baldwin's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment