Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kill the Senate Health Care Bill. Then work like Hell to replace every so-called Democrat who stood in the way of true reform.

I’m mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. Between the robber baron banks and insurance companies and their bedfellows the paid-off Congress, we have lost control of our finances and futures.

In disgust, I removed my meager funds from one of the bailed-out banks—Bank of America and put it in a Credit Union. It was a small, token step toward sanity. I could not in conscience allow the banks to use the seven trillion dollar line of credit from the Federal Reserve and my federal taxpayer guaranteed deposits to speculate any longer. No housing and no products were made by those gamblers. Then, they paid themselves more bonuses, bigger and better than before the bail-outs.

On the same line, I risked being uninsured for the past thirty years. I could not in conscience give my money to Insurance companies who discriminate against those most in need. I had a heart attack during my time of un-insurance. The bill for my care (which was paid in-full) was less than what I would have spent in premiums over those years. But, with the looming threat of mandated insurance by the front-running Presidential candidates, last year coupled with my spouse’s pleas, I acquiesced to getting insurance this past year. Despite my pre-existing condition, I was able to qualify under the plan provided by my spouse’s employer. I know I was fortunate to get the insurance, however, I still have regrets about the decision to do so. I still looked for the day of true insurance reform. That day still has not dawned. And now, may not in my lifetime. It has been over thirty years since Democrats controlled a voting majority in the House and Senate and had a Democrat in the White House. Can we wait another thirty plus years for this opportunity again? What we are being offered instead of reform is mandated, privately paid to private insurance company monopoly coverage. This is legal racketeering!

I will not go in peace! I will protest this tyranny! I will do all in my power to see that these so-called Democrats, who were elected on promise of Healthcare Reform, Financing Reform, Economic Reform, and a Peace Economy, who have now stood in the way of true reform, are replaced with those who hear and understand the cry of the people: Don’t Tread On Me!!!

Posted via email from michaelbaldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment